Friday 20 June 2014

My Country Playlist

Bit of a random post today but I've been at a dance competition all weekend (Dance Mums UK were filming - and yes, my dance school beat them *smug face*) so due to stage make-up and my general laziness I haven't shot any outfit photo's. But with an order form Boohoo and H&M in the works along with my Topshop buys, my summer wardrobe will be ready to shine soon!
However because of blogger being very dodge I wrote this post on Sunday but have only been able to post it today, sorry for the 10 days unplanned break!

I love music. It is another form of escape for me. To be comforted by words that you can relate to, to have background music to stop you thinking, and just generally to cheer you up. And my (guilty?) pleasure is country music. I don't really know where this developed from but I always like 'soft' music, I think I have my sister to thank for her getting me into Taylor Swift's earlier songs a couple of years ago. But recently there has been a lot of new young country musicians that have been fueling my need for summery music. So I thought I would introduce them to you; 

Lucy Hale 

'I'm that girl you think that's got it figured out.
But I walk around, with a head full of doubt.' - Nervous Girls
Mostly known for her role in the tv series Pretty Little Liars as Aria, she has branched out from PLL and recently released her first album. Before she got into acting her main passion was country music, and you can totally see that in her album. It has a range of slow meaningful ballads like 'Nervous Girls' and 'Road Between' to upbeat happy songs like 'You Sound Good to Me' and 'Kiss Me.' It is going to be on replay all summer I think, I just wish I could have a sing-a-long with Madeleine to it!


Dan and Shay 

'Shades on spinning in a summer rain
Dancing in the rain no music
Just the right kind of crazy' - Nothin' Like You

Relatively new to the country music scene, Dan and Shay are a duo who after meeting in December 2012 got a recording contract within two months and a year later had there first single 'You+Me' already playing on the country radio. I came across them through Scooter Braun and James Mcvey tweeting about them so looked them up and was incredibly surprised. Their album - Where it all Began - is full of summery songs with romantic lyrics and an upbeat feel. I can imagine listening to it in the sun with the roof down and singing at the top of my voice. My favourites would have to be 'You+Me' and 'I Heard Goodbye.'

Hunter Hayes

'There's so much more to life than what you're feeling now
Someday you'll look back on all these days
And all this pain is gonna be invisible' - Invisible
Around February/ March time I was obsessed with Hunter Hayes' first album then I was treated because in May, just when I was getting slightly bored of his songs, he released his second album - Storyline! I haven't decided which album I like best but they seem both on par with each other. Hunter is such an amazing musician, he can play the piano and guitar and by watching his #Fortheloveofmusic youtube series you can see that he is just striving to be the best he can be and loves nothing better than to perform on stage. My favourites on this album would have to be 'Wildcard' and 'Storyline' for their punchy lyrics and rhythm but I also love 'Tattoo' 'Invisible' and 'Still Fallin!' To be honest, I love them all! It has such a range of ballads to upbeat songs that it is also, a perfect country album!

So there you have it, my playlist for the beginning of these summer months is mainly country based. And although it's quite random and not popular music for girls like me ,I love it and I'm not going to hide my guilty pleasure! Now for the denim, checked shirts and cowboy boots...

Do you like country music? 
Currently Reading - Maya Angelou's I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings. Such a thought=provoking, interesting and amazingly written book!







SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've got a love hate relationship with country. Or maybe it's not even that, but usually I'm not a huge fan, AND THEN SOME DAYS COME AND IT IS ALL I WANT TO LISTEN TO. It's so very strange hmmm.

    ReplyDelete

© StyleStorey

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig