Sunday 16 March 2014

New ways for Inspiration...

 I have always played with the idea of printing out all my blog posts or my tumblr posts and putting them together in a book. It would just be so cool to have my blog printed out and in book form. Then from reading a couple of articles about journalling and the different types of journalling I had an idea, why don't I create my tumblr in a notepad? So therefor I traipsed down to Smiths just over a month ago and purchased a small plan sketchpad. I mostly update this on Sunday evenings when my sister and mum watch Call the Midwife and I go to hibernate in my room to collect myself together before the week begins (and before Mr Selfridge begins!) So I print off various photo's that I love from tumblr along with some quotes from books and people. Sometimes I write some in, other's I stick. A couple of pages have ended up as just fangirling over Alexa Chung, others dreaming about New York and others wondering how people see me. At first I hadn't planned to share this with anyone, it was going to be my own little secret but then during conversation with two of my best friends Ella and Bryony I somehow got it out and showed them. It got such a positive reaction from them and then my sister when I showed her that I thought I might as well share it here. I just find it a really calming and productive thing to do when I'm a little bored, stuck for inspiration or stressed out. 
What do you do to gain inspiration? Do you keep a journal?


Now Playing -  Nina Nesbitt, Tough Luck
twitter / Instagram /tumblr /


 (Sorry, I had some trouble with scheduling posts etc so have had to repost this post today!)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. this is such a good idea and yours looks lovely!
    p.s. i nominated you for a liebster award!
    http://lost--at-sea.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking to get into different types of journalling, and this definitely seems like a good idea! I'm definitely going to look into doing this! Your's looks so nice too! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check it out on my blog! :) x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

© StyleStorey

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig