Tuesday 26 February 2013

The Carrie Diaries Style

However much I would love to talk about the actual context of the show 'The Carrie Diaries' and about all the different secrets and scandals going on I thought I would do a post on the fashion. It is set in 1984 so it has a tremendous amount of fashion from that era. I love the girly style that Carrie has, she wears many different colours and prints together. As shown in the bottom left corner were she matches polka dot black tights (which has definitely inspired me to try different patterned tights - I love wearing them as it makes an outfit more exciting) with a skater skirt with smaller dots on with a bright pink cardi, it just works. The 'Carrie' bag that was featured is just pure genius, it sums up the bright colours of the eighties in one bag! Personally I have taken inspiration from Carrie's sister, Dorrit. She wears mostly dark colours ranging from black to camouflage grey (not really a range!) but matches amazing band T-shirt's with dark leggings and a lot of black eyeliner! A lot of the clothes that the two actress' wear is from shops like H&M and Topshop! Personally I love the different style the two sister's have and the fact that they are styled with high-street clothes!
Follow me on twitter
Follow me on instagram
Follow me on pinterest
Don't forget to also follow me on Google Friend Connect, Bloggers.com and Bloglovin!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© StyleStorey

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig